Wednesday 26 October 2016

Resume Nouns

RESUME ABOUT NOUN
1B Class
Name of Groups :
1. Farida Nur Fatinah 
2. Mas'ud Madhani Sanjaya
3. Retma AyuNingtyas
4. Nughrahini Nurul  chotimah
5. Suci Karina Wardani



Noun is one of one of the parts of speech in English. Parts of speech are the kinds of words in the English language. Noun is a word used to name an object such as people, objects, places, and concepts / ideas. Noun can be shaped singural (single) or plural (plural).

Types of Noun :

1. Common Noun
 Example : 
  1. Common Noun: You broke my favorite mug.Proper Noun: I can’t believe you broke my Snoopy mug.
  2. Common Noun: I really want a new pair of jeans.Proper Noun: I really want to buy a new pair of Levis.
  3. Common Noun: I wish I could remember the name of that painter.Proper Noun: I really love art by Van Gogh.
  4. Common Noun: They’re all waiting for us at the restaurant.Proper Noun: Everyone else is at Bill’s Burgers.
  5. Common Noun: I really want to live in a big city someday.Proper Noun: Of all the places I’ve lived, Denver was best.
  6. Common Noun: Let’s go to watch a live game at the stadium.Proper Noun: Let’s try to get good seats at Wrigley Field.
2. Proper Noun
 Example :
  1. Common noun: I want to be a writer.
    Proper nounAgatha Christie wrote many books.
  2. Common noun: I’d like to adopt a cat.
    Proper nounCleopatra is the cutest kitten ever.
  3. Common noun: Would you like a cookie?
    Proper noun: I’m craving Oreos.
  4. Common noun: Let’s go to the city.
    Proper noun: Let’s go to San Francisco.
  5. Common noun: My teacher starts work before sunup.
    Proper nounMr. Bell seems to understand what students need.
  6. Common noun: I think that’s a planet, not a star.
    Proper noun: I can see Jupiter tonight.
  7. Common noun: He’s always hanging out with his girlfriend.
    Proper noun: He never goes anywhere without Sarah.
  8. Common noun: There are a lot of important documents in the archives.
    Proper noun: There are many important documents at The Library of Congress.
3. Singular Noun :
Example :
  1. The boy had a baseball in his hand.
  2. My horse prefers to wear an English saddle.
  3. That cat never seems to tire of jumping in and out of the box.
  4. You stole my idea and didn’t give me any credit.
  5. Your mom is going to be upset about that broken lamp.
  6. It’s not difficult to grow a tree as long as you give it plenty of water.
  7. can’t believe you let your dog stick his head out the window while you drive.
4. Plural Nouns :
  1. The boys were throwing baseballs back and forth between bases.
  2. Our horses are much happier wearing lightweight English saddles.
  3. Those cats never seem to tire of chasing one another in and out of those boxes.
  4. You stole my ideas and didn’t give me any credit.
  5. Our moms are going to be upset that we stayed out all night going to parties.
  6. It’s not too difficult to grow trees as long as you provide them with plenty of water.
  7. I can’t believe you allow your dogs to climb all over the seats while you are driving.
5. Collective Nouns :
 Example :
  1. Our class took a field trip to the natural history museum.
  2. The herd of bison ran across the prairie, leaving a massive dust cloud in its wake.
  3. We waited anxiously for the jury to come to a verdict.
  4. This year’s basketball team includes three players who are over six feet tall.
  5. Napoleon’s army was finally defeated at Waterloo.
  6. The town council has approved plans to create a new park.
  7. He comes from a huge family: he’s the oldest of eleven kids.
  8. The rock group has been on tour for months.
  9. Everyone in the audience applauded loudly when Elvis appeared on stage.
6. Masculine and Feminime Nouns :
 Masculine Nouns are words for men,boys and male animals.
 Feminime Nouns are words for women, girls and female animals
Example : boy - girl               nephew - niece          man - woman


No comments:

Post a Comment